Friday, May 22, 2015

Lake Michigan Adventure!

I am lucky...lucky to live in an area with ample fresh water. I get to spend a week this summer on the Lake Guardian Ship as a teacher-researcher from July 12th to the 18th. I am one of 15 educators throughout the Great Lakes chosen to be a part of this program.  It is called the Lake Michigan Shipboard Science Workshop.  We will be researching microplastics, nutrient cycling and mussels while departing and returning from Milwaukee, WI.

I am a little nervous about that much time on a boat, but this is a boyhood dream.



Vacationing on Lake Michigan every summer as a kid, this opportunity is beyond anything I could have imagined as possible.  I've been on boats, but not out on Lake Michigan.

Connections with curriculum and students' lives will be plentiful, relevant, engaging and add other buzzwords here.  I will certainly develop lessons/activities and potential PBL or Socio-Scientific Inquiry style instruction that connects to my experience and student's experience.  For now, I have reading to do and celebration on being selected into this program.

I will be sure to generate materials that help in developing blended learning and overall improved instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment